Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

My Last Cultural Festival at Saint Patrick's.




Cultural Festival 2013
The maori group was first. I lead it and it felt good. I felt butterflies when I started dougieing, we got ready in room eight and had to walk up to the hall in the rain, it was the best night of the year, we were closed by the hip hop group, I felt furious as i would be in a war, It was powerful and I felt free, It was cold.

We walked together as one, together as a family to the hall to open up the magic of the 2013 Cultural Festival.

As I walked up onto  the stage and lead this years haka I not only felt a little bit shy. I slapped myself like I have never done before and to do that I had to make myself feel like I was in the war and was very furious. I had like my brothers at the back and beside me to support me by giving it all our best “BLAH!!!” we all said at the loudest we could to end the Maori group. The crowd gave us a loud cheer and a hand. The Samoan group was doing their dance and I was up next in the Tongan group. I splashed a lot of oil upon me ready for a load of money to help for the school. I forgot to take of my socks and so I was careful not to fall over. It was an instrumental part of the song near to the end and so Taniela and I started dougieing. I felt free and confident that I did that and when we left my parents were proud of me. I stayed until all the performance were finished to show my support for my fellow friends.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.