Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Wave Pools

During my holidays I had the chance to go for a swim at the wave pools in Papakura. I was looking forward for the pools as my experienced cousins were filling me up about how fantastic it is to be in the waves and to slide down the curving, twisted, slippery, hydroslide.

We arrived at the pools with my Uncle and cousins knowing by the look of how much cars were outside could tell us that it would be bursting with people inside. As we entered to the receptionist it looked like our prediction was true seeing that a lot of people were playing with the giant waves that could lift them up high.

The pools there wasn't for free to walk in and swim nor the hydroslide and so my Uncle was paying for the bands that we had to wear. On the counter there was more than two colours all for different reasons.

As we were walking I was excited and so were my cousins but they were more like hyperactive. I had a shower before hopping in the pools so that I could get wet and warm. My cousins were super excited about the slide that they raced to the hydroslide and up the stairs and down the slide and they repeated a few times before they took a rest in the pools.

What I was doing was fun just relaxing and the waves were pushing me. It wasn't calm as there was a lot of people in a small pool and there were still more to come. There was another area that was connected to a pool where the force of the water would push you around in circles and so I played with some other boys.

A while later we felt hungry and so we left to get some food. We didn't want to waste some money and so we journeyed home wishing for another swim.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time and a great way to spend time with whanau too.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.